[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Jan's Therapies

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 14:31:15 +0100

HI Clare, how right you and Jann are. When I could see something it wasn't so
bad. But when you are totally blind well I not only think but know its a world
of its own. I soon learnt that physical  contact was a big part of the blind
world. If people come to my house , say a social worker and they sit down and
start talking to you weather its an hour or ten hours. if you don't have some
kind of physical contact, even as little as a hand shake then that person to me
may as well not been there. All that talking to me was just a voice in the air,
like the radio being on. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

love Malcolm. xxx

Hi Jan, I always love hearing about the alternative therapies you have. They
all sound lovely and of course relaxing. I know it's so nice to be pampered and
also I agree with you for us totally blind people feeling is so important as we
are not able to see people's facial expressions, body language etc. Tone of
voice is a good way of connecting with others too. Talking is so important for
us blind people. As we can't see our other senses are so important. I love
shaking hands with others or even having a hug it means such a lot. I know this
subject will get a big discussion going. Love Clare