[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In answer to my Interests .

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 07:44:11 +0100

hi jan.
they painted a large white cross on the tops of the british and german trains
so that they could be spotted by aircraft inthe sky, germany was not allowed to
bomb our trains and britain was not allowed to bomb german trains with these
white painted cross on, mothers trying to be brave and telling their children
they are just going on holiday and once the trains left the station they broke
their hearts, my mother was a child on the train from london to wales, i can
give you hundreds of websites regarding the above and real life films or is it
a forum you need, if forum, because of the thousands and thousands of forums,
they are all categorised and broken down to individual forums, you can read
some of them, but to write on them you have to register on each one you want,
they have sheffield world war 2 evacuees, then another is world war two about
the jews on what it was like, another forum is about the young boys fighting in
the war, some lied about their age and were only twelve years old, ceramics is
another forum, b b c had one but it is now closed, but you can read all these
and more forums, but to write or reply to the messages you have to register,
this is my topic because of my mother, i can forward you websites and my
researches and i can find you a forum, even if you wanted british evacuees, the
forums are by places like london evacuees, sheffield evacuees, jewish evacuees,
manchester evacuees, the canadian forum and also the australian forum you would
need tissues, as they are searching for their british parents and families, as
during the war children were evacuated on the ships, some of them were raped,
some were worked to death on the farms and some had a wonderful life, but they
are still trying to find some living relatives right to this present day, i am
trying to find the family of elizabeth may williams poplar london middlesex
born between 1900 to 1925, my grandmother, the mystery is my mother dipoled her
name to davis or davies, perhaps elizabeth married a davis or davies, my mother
said it was her real name, but i have the certificates, nothing with davis or
davies on, i have done a family tree but no good if you cannot go on, maybe
guide chatters can help with my mystery, will put some of the above on chat as
i know a few on here love them too, it is good to share.
vanessa.