[guide.chat] In Reply To: The new kid on the block.

  • From: "Elizabeth Kay" <ebeth.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "John Keel" <j.keel1428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:54:06 +0100

Hi John, I am also interested in classical music although I have never learned
to play a musical instument. Did you play or teach? I used to attend Halle
concerts in the days when Barbirolli was conductor and have listened to
recorded music from the days of the old 78 rev per minute, turning records over
every four minutes. I still belong to a Recorded Music Society which I joined
in 1948 and which is still going strong but with fewer (and older) members.
Sadly I am no longer able to attend live concerts owing to sight. hearing and
mobility problems,but I have a good collection of cds.which I enjoy in the
comfort of my home.  Liz