[guide.chat] In Reply To: Keeping in touch

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jenny garland" <jenny.garland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:34:42 +0100

Jen!
You've made me jealous!
I've been interested in all things space since I was knee high to a cyber man.
I'm glad you found the day useful: Glasgow's new Riverside Museum, which houses
it's huge collection of transport artefacts, is very Blind friendly.
Audio-described displays, large screen options on exhibits, hands-on many of
the vehicles..you name it, they have it. When we took the blind club there last
year, since we told the staff in advance that we were coming, they arranged for
us to have hands-on experience with some of the stuff that's normally in glass
cases.The staff couldn't have been more helpful.
When things like that happen, it makes you a lot more hopeful for the future of
accessibility for blind people to places like these.