[guide.chat] In Reply To: James

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jan" <j.jk.downes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "chat guide" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:57:48 +0100

Jan;
As long as the only snowballs they throw at you are of the Tunnocks variety!
(It's a Scottish thing....)
I think my jaded attitude comes from decades working with Sunday School kids
and young Boys' Brigade members. They start talking about Christmas round about
August, and by the time December comes round it used to lose its' sparkle!
Of course I celebrate the real meaning of Christmas; I usually take part in a
few services, and conduct one or two at local retirement homes when the
Minister's busy.
And the one thing I really DON'T want is a white Christmas! Snow and ice don't
go with a long cane - especially in a rural area where roads and pavements are
rough anyway.
Three years back, the white stuff started falling here in the first week of
December, and was still on the pavements at the end of January.
Give me a nice, dry - or wet - winter any day.
Just not a white one!