[guide.chat] In Reply To: In Reply To: New Year

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 22:34:47 -0000

I love going to Dawn's mother's house because she fills me up with good
Jamaican food. I love it all,especially the curried goat. yummy.

love Malcolm. xxx

Hi Jenny, both my parents were born in Jamaica, and came over to London in the
50's  They came from different parishes. 2 of my siblings were born in London,
the rest of us were born in Manchester On my late  Fathers side there is
Scottish blood and about 200 years ago many Scots went over to Jamaica to make
their fortune, usually from sugar. The foods a typical West Indian meal would
consist of things like Curried Goat,white rice Jerk Chicken,Cornmeal porridge /
pudding, Plantain, sweet potato, Yam, Ackie and Salt Fish and various other
spicy Caribbean foods.
Dawn

 Hi Folks,here in North London friends gave a party,a table was loaded with
food, chilli, goat curry,
and good old Shepard pie,salmon in cream sauce,rice,potatoes salad
Cakes of all kinds,and what did I think,........,CAROL would be in her element.
Our parties have every race creed and kind, I wondered if we have any members
from another ethnic group ? apart from those kilted ones.
Happiness and good health in 2013 to all members
Jenny C