[guide.chat] In Reply To: Hearing aid

  • From: "Elizabeth Kay" <ebeth.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>, "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 01:07:08 +0100

Hi Carol, If the hearing aid ever turns up I shall keep it as a spare. I am
having a new one made
but the audiology department are charging me £56. I tried claiming on my
insurance but they have only given me £11. I am not too bothered about it
though. I have had hearing aids for about 40 years and may lose another one if
I live to be 100. Little boxes do not help, it just depends where I am when the
phone rings and where the cordless phone is at the time.I have to have it near
by or it stops ringing before I get to it. What I need is some way of stopping
unwanted telephone calls from people wanting to sell me a wheelchair or give me
a free holiday etc. I am supposed to belong to the telephone preference society
but it has made no difference. I just have to put the phone down as soon as
someone says "Good norning Mrs Kay how are you today" Most times I remember ro
retrieve my hearing aid but just now and again I forget. This is just one of
the hazards of growing old. Not to worry though a lot of elderly people are
worse off than me. I have much to be thankful for. A lost hearing aid is just
one of those things.  love Elizabeth