[guide.chat] In Reply To: Harvest Festival

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:16:26 +0100

Hi, Carol;
Actually, my birthday will be on the 24th. I'll be 52.
As far as thanksgiving goes, we're Presbyterian here, so don't do in for
displays in the chancel of the church. We will have a few items, a sheaf of
corn, Barley, wheat, etc next to the communion table ( what a CofE member would
call an altar). We have a Harvest appeal every year, and the proceeds go to
help our partner presbytery in Bandawe, Malawi.
(I'm supposed to be going there as a representative of Presbytery next year -
they have a very, very primitive orphanage/school for blind children which I'm
interested to see. )
We usually gather in over a thousand pounds each harvest time; not bad for a
small village!
Of course, the Sunday School, Brownies, etc will be there.
It's usually a happy, laughter filled service.