[guide.chat] In Reply To: For Jim!!!!!

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Faye; Cathie; and Mike!" <catherineharris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide chat list" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:15:09 -0000

Hi, Cathie;
No - I meant the window glass!
Actually I have two sets ( Three if you count a pocket one).
The one I use normally is a bog standard wooden one - though it's a travel set,
with magnetic base on each piece.
The black pieces are mahogany, and the white are pinewood, and they are marked
with a serated top for identification.
My other set is one I won umpteen years ago at the Scottish schools tournament.
It has silver plated white pieces and brass black pieces - so they're heavy!
The board is inlaid ebony and pinewood squares.
I don't use it, 'cos it's murder to polish.
It's in the attic, somewhere.

From: James Liddell - Email Address: james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 12/01/2013 14:59
Sent To: Dawn Watson, Guide Chat - Email Address: dawnyhen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] In Reply To: In Reply To: Where is everyone

Hi, Dawn;
No, I'm not studying. I'm losing a game of chess I'm playing with a friend
online.
Your email saved me from chucking the set out of the window.
Glass is expensive these days.
Jim.