[guide.chat] Hi all

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:17:20 -0000

I offer some advice for anyone who has to visit many people in a day.
WATCH OUT - there's tea about!
I speak of a lady in my church district.
I visited her this afternoon; she is housebound, but bright as a button and
extremely intelligent. I always enjoy a conversation with her; and look forward
to my visits...well, mostly!

    You see, she loves tea. You can't refuse it; to do so would be an insult.
So you accept. Trouble is, she puts half a pound of tea in each pot and stews
it for what seems months. The resultant liquid would probably melt steel if it
ever came in contact with it.
But you simply cannot refuse, so you grin and bear it.
The only thing that tea doesn't dissolve is her rock cakes....probably because
there are real rocks in 'em....

    The secret, I've found, is to draw out the conversation till the tea is
cold, then gulp the stuff down and make your excuses and bolt for the door.
Put it this way: there's a very, very poorly looking bush halfway between her
house and mine......
Jim
PTL! <><