[guide.chat] Have you ever had one of these days?

  • From: "Kevin Burgin" <kevin.burgin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 20:43:29 +0100

Have you ever had one of those days when either you or someone you know spends
the day saying things that have two meanings one innocent and one inappropriate
and they not only say them without thinking properly but usually in a rush and
it happens several times.  Eventually you have to point out to them what they
are saying so they can make an effort to think before they speak.

Once a week a certain person from the local social services comes to my house
and gives me mobility training to various places so I can be more independent
with my white cane.  And no before you start do not think that means other
things.  The other week while we were walking to the local post office and back
she had one of those days full of spoonerisms.

The best one was when I had just passed a launderet and I was just finding the
inner shore line with my white stick to follow it along the road when she
blurted out in warning "mind, there's a bit of a wet bush ahead."

She will never live that one down.

Cheers

Kevin