[guide.chat] Guide Cat

  • From: "Vanessa Brueford" <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Forum Friends" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:48:42 -0000

Wow Judith that was a quick read.

A long time ago in Bethlehem so the Holy Bible says, well a log time ago,
approximately 1990, they were going to be drowned a river.
An old lady and myself had 1 kitten each and the rest went to another person
who had a houseful of cats.

The kitten was so young / little it would not take to milk, it was pining too.
I had to use a medicine injection to feed it milk.

I called the kitten Lucky, as it was lucky to be alive.

I went and got his brother and because it followed Lucky, I called it Shadow as
shadows follow us everywhere.

Both were fed with a medicine syringe full of milk.

They grew and loved sardines.

They were both neutered.

They played together and we all bonded.

My children dressed them in fancy dress outfits, sometimes they were dressed as
cowboys with neckerchiefs around their necks and doll cowboy hats on.
Sometimes wearing a white collar and bright red dicky bow around their necks.
They have even been put in front of me dressed in Halloween outfits.
My daughter even painted their claws with nail vanish.

My children have all left the nest and left me with memories without dates.
I have memories that appear as someone produces the picture in my head.
My memories are all in one day, as I have lived only one day, I have no time
zone or dates in my head, due to head injury from my ex.
Don't worry I am still young and beautiful, as my children keep telling me,
stop putting yourself down or we won't speak to you.
I always tell my children I love them as they keep telling me they love me too.
The most important thing is we all mean it, it is never said unless we mean it,
but I will always love them more.

Lucky was the runt of the litter, everyone kept telling me to put him down, but
I wouldn't as he had a right to live as anyone else has.
Lucky kept losing and re growing his fur and sometimes his skin would be raw
and bleed.
But he was very much loved.
Lucky grew to his old age.
His legs buckled and then he went stiff, he was alive only just as I could feel
his little heart beats. I wrapped a bath towel in half around him in case he
wet himself, he never did, nothing came out of him.
I also wrapped a blanket around him to keep him warm.
I phoned the R S P C A and the vets, no one would come out to help me.
Lucky started to smell, but I said a million prayers for him, I sang to him, I
smoothed him and rocked as if you had a baby in your arms.
Social Services came, and he had died Judith and I did not know, I never had
this ever happen to me. My tears were like rivers.
Social Services fetched an odd job man of theirs and they went out into my
garden and buried him. Everyone said prayers. It was pouring with rain just
like my tears.
Social Services never came into my house after burying Lucky as they said they
were wet and muddy, Bless everyone of them for helping me and Lucky.
Chris in Social Services is my friend and helps me to this day and she loves
animals too.

Shadow is still here with me, he is all I have.
We are the best of friends to each other.

Shadow is my Guide Cat, he will always tell me when anyone is near, including
ghosts in the early hours, but that's another story.

Vanessa