[guide.chat] Re: Good morning all

  • From: Leslie Fairall <fairall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guide Chat List <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:46:36 -0500 (EST)

HI Carol:

What kind of jobs did you do when you worked? Did you have your hearing and sight then or not?

Getting a good education is the best thing a blind person can do to get a job. You have to more educated than the other sighted people around you. That's why I have a masters', or advanced degree as you may call it. My four-year degree wasn't enough. There is a free school for the blind in America that lets us take courses. It is called Hadley School for the Blind. You can't get a college degree from them but you can certainly improve your reading, writing, English, and math skills. They also have computer classes tool. The website is:

www.hadley-school.org