[guide.chat] Good Friday poem

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:03:40 +0100

 hi All

wishing you all a wonderful Good friday and lovely Easter too

enjoy

Things to Pray for Often

That God will be honored.
 . May your Name be worshiped and honored by Your people everywhere.
 . May our lives in no way bring disrespect or dishonor to Your great Name.
 . May all peoples of the earth come to revere Your sacred Name.
 . May You rule and reign supreme this day in my heart and in the hearts of
Your people.
 . That Your will be done in my life. Guard my heart.
 . Make and keep it pure.
 . Guard my motives, my attitudes, my values, and my responses to the
circumstances of life.
 . Protect me from the schemes and attacks of the evil one. Fill me with
Your love.
 . Help me to love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
 . Make me compassionate and sensitive to the needs of others around me.
 . Help me to give of myself to meet the needs of others, without expecting
anything in return. Fill me with Your Spirit.
 . May I be emptied of myself and filled with Jesus.
 . May my life be lived in the realm of the supernatural.
 . Anoint my life and ministry with supernatural power. Clothe me in
humility.
 . May I be broken - poor in spirit - toward You and toward all others.
 . May I esteem all others as better than myself.
 . May I not seek to impress others, but only to please You. Make me a
servant.
 . Help me to serve You with gladness
 . To render each act of service as unto Christ
 . To joyously accept even "menial" or "unfulfilling" responsibilities.
 . Help me to serve heartily, happily & humbly. Guard my tongue.
 . "Set a watch, 0 Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips"

 . May I speak only words that are true, words that help and heal, words
that are wise and kind.
Give me wisdom and discernment.
 . Help me to see all of life from Your point of view.
 . May my life be ruled by the wisdom of Your Word.
 . Give me the "wisdom that is from above.. .pure, then peacable, gentle,
and easy to be intreated,

 . full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without
hypocrisy." Give me a grateful spirit, a thankful heart.
 . Help me to give thanks in everything.
 . Help me to acknowledge and express the benefits and blessings that I have
received from You and others.
 . Protect me from a discontented heart and a murmuring tongue. Help me to
walk by faith and not by sight.
 . May my life show the world how great, how good, and how powerful You are.
 . May I be willing to step out in faith when I cannot see the outcome.
 . May my life not be explainable in human terms. Teach me the fear of the
Lord.
 . Help me to practice the conscious, constant awareness that You see, hear,
and know all.
 . Help me to live my life in light of the final judgment and as one who
will give account to Jesus face-to-face.