[guide.chat] Fwd: The Brick!

  • From: Keith Wines <muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:58:08 +0100

-----Original Message received with many thanks to  -----: Si Watson - Email
Address: mrsvilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent To: muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx
:Fwd: The Brick!

The Brick

A young and successful

executive was traveling down a neighborhood street,

going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar.. He was

watching for kids darting out from between parked

cars and slowed down  when he thought he saw

something.

As his car passed, no children appeared.

Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door!

He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to

the spot where the brick had been thrown.

The angry

driver then jumped out of the

car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up

against  a parked car shouting,

'What was that all about and who are you? Just what

the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that

brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why

did you do it?' The young boy was apologetic.

'Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't

know what else to do,' He pleaded. 'I threw the

brick because no one else would stop....' With tears

dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth

pointed to a spot just around a parked car.. 'It's my

brother, 'he said 'He rolled off the curb and fell

out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him

up.'

Now sobbing, the boy

asked the stunned executive, 'Would you please help

me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and

he's too heavy for me.'

Moved beyond words,

the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling

lump in his throat... He hurriedly lifted the

handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took

out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh

scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything

was going to be okay. 'Thank you and may God bless

you,' the grateful child told the stranger. Too

shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy!

push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk

toward their home..

It was a long, slow

walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very

noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair

the dented side door. He kept the dent there to

remind him of this message: 'Don't go through life

so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to

get your attention!' God whispers in our souls and

speaks to our hearts Sometimes when we don't have

time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's

our choice to listen or

not.

Thought for the day:

If God had a

refrigerator, your picture would be on

it.

If He had a wallet,

your photo would be in

it.

He sends you flowers

every spring.

He sends you a sunrise

every morning Face it, friend - He is crazy about

you!

God didn't promise

days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun

without rain, but He did promise strength for the

day, comfort for the tears, and light for the

way.

Read this line very

slowly and let it sink

in...

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

it.
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG