[guide.chat] Fwd: Poem by M. E. Mason.

  • From: Keith Wines <muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:26:30 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Appleton - Email Address: judith.appleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 21/11/2009 18:51
Sent To:Undisclosed recipient
Subject Fwd: Poem by M. E. Mason.

The Old House.

A little House, with sloping floors, and ceilings, dark with oaken beans, and
wooden latches, to the doors, A little house all full of dreams.  A twisting
stairway, ages old, a chimney place, so deep and wide, that when the winter
wind blows cold, you may creep close, and sit inside.  A little house, right on
the Street, the cobbled Street, grown o'er with grass, where you may hear the
ring of feet, and singing voice of Children pass.  And sometimes for a little
space, a storied heart, lays bare, and doth unveil, a secret place, of memory,
intimate and rare.   When I, a little wearied grown, to my last sleep, must go
some day, in dreams my spirit will return, it could not bear, to be, away.