[guide.chat] Forwarded Email: Courses.

  • From: "Jan" <j.jk.downes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:30:41 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan - Email Address: j.jk.downes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 20/11/2011 21:23
Sent To: guidechat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: guidechat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Courses.

Hi,I have done a few courses in the last couple of years,and they are related
to therapy courses,they are very accommodating in this area of
Northamptonshire,The courses were run from learn 2b,and so they were short and
sweet,and full of helpfulness,because I had someone to be with me all of the
time on each course,and also I was given time and care to be able to be on the
same level as everyone else. I also got a bonus,in that I was picked up by the
volunteer that helped me on the courses that I attended,and transported me
home.This as helped me through the last two winters,the courses were free,and
they were massage,Indian head massage,Batch flowers,reflexology,over coming
anxiety,and other courses of the same ilk.

I guess that makes me,in tune with humanity and sensuality. I am looking for
more to do this winter,I have also been on a short course,that was very
interesting,that is if you are into craft's  this course was a birthday present
from my sister,and so,I managed to make and complete a bell tassel,and that
involved me twisting many lines of wool,and then to twist them,and put together
different wooden shapes to make the bell end,so to speak. I live in a 30's
property and so I have my main bedroom,which when you are in bed there is a
pull cord to turn the light on and off with a tug on the cord,but now it is not
a cord,it is the one that I made and compliments my bedroom.

I am sorry if I have gone into too much detail,but for me it is what I need,and
that's detail.
For what it is worth,the courses that I have attended are from the adult
learning college,and hopefully the same will be in your area.If not ,then as I
understand it ,that all is available to disabled people,and that includes blind
and partially sighted. Don't give up,as all ids there if you kick up enough. I
have learnt this,even though I do not want to be like this,I believe that we
have to fight to achieve,for all that we want is to be treated with
humanity,and just like the rest of the sighted world.
 I do go off on a tangent at times,but life is frustrating enough for the likes
of us. I do have many things to discus,and would love to hear from anyone that
is finding life hard to cope with .

I have not had any emails from the forum recently,and the reason for this is
because I am with bt,well that is what I understand. I have had help with
getting it back again,so thanks lad's.You know who you are.Do not want to
embarrass you so I will say no more than,to thank you for your help.

It's been such a long day,what with one thing and another.

I am pleased to hear emails from and to one and other ,as it has been a long
week not hearing from you.
 As they say,another day another dollar. I am off to bed now and may I wish you
all ,a good night's sleep and sweet dreams.Good Night Jan.