[guide.chat] Re: FIREWORKS!!!!!

  • From: "Lisa" <peck152@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:01:21 +0100

-----Original Message----- From: James Liddell

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:31 PM
To: Guide Chat
Subject: [guide.chat] FIREWORKS!!!!!

     I had to pop out tonight to visit a friend who's ill.
On my way back - half a mile uphill on a well paved road - I was spooked by
idiots letting off fireworks about twenty feet from me.
They obviously knew I was there, and hoped to get a response.

    I can tell you, I had to stop for a couple of minutes to let my ears
recover...then walk, very slowly, onward, making sure I had my bearings.
I was prepared - roughly - for the second one...thrown in front of me. I
simply stopped and dialled 999 on my mobile, told the police what was
happening, and got home.

   The boys in blue asked me if I recognised the culprits...this was after
I told them of my total night blindness!
You couldn't make it up....

I might sound like a grouch, but, as far as I'm concerned, fireworks should
be banned.
Full stop.
Jim
PTL! < <