[guide.chat] -F MountainWings:Friday - Changing of The Guard

  • From: "Si Watson" <mrsvilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:13:41 +0100

 MountainWings:Friday - Changing of The Guard

Changing of The Guard
=======================

My wife and I are in London now. We arrived two days ago.
I've always wanted to visit London and so here we are.

One of the things she wanted to see is the changing of the
guard.

The guards basically guard England's King and/or Queen. There is
an elaborate and colorful ceremony as they change shifts. They
are some of the most highly trained and experienced soldiers in
the world. You should feel pretty safe with the "guards"
watching over you. You should but then the guards can't guard
even royalty from the stuff that really destroys most of us.

Most are NOT devastated by an assassin's bullet, a terrorist's
bomb or a dissenter's dagger. Neither royalty nor us commoners
are statistically likely to be victims of one of the above. Most
of us are devastated by the stuff that happens inside of our
castles.

We really can't hire soldiers to protect us against that type of
stuff. That type requires a different type of guard. Our money
won't guard us against it. Our alarm systems won't. Our gated
communities won't. Watching the news won't. The fastest internet
connections, the most TV channels, the highest definition
screens, the fanciest or most fuel efficient cars won't either.

There are some things in life, which just so happen to be most
of the really important things, that only we can guard against.
And much of that guarding depends upon whom you choose to ally
yourself with to watch over you.

Guard your gates well, or perhaps it's time for a changing of
the guard.

~A MountainWings Original~

-----

-----