[guide.chat] Christmas corrie gossip

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 14:45:28 -0000

Peter Barlow from Coronation Street
© ITVCoronation Street's Peter Barlow will be involved in a scandalous
storyline this Christmas.
It has been revealed that the soap character, played by 43-year-old , will vow
to leave his wife Leanne () for rival Carla () in special episodes that could
see the reformed alcoholic also fall off the wagon.
According to the , Peter tells Carla that he has fallen in love with her after
they spend the night together, saying: "I've fought this for months, but I
can't fight it any more. I want us to be together."
However, when he tries to break the news to Leanne, she says: "I love you Peter
and I'm not going to give up on our marriage just like that. When I married you
it was for better or worse and I'm going to fight until my last breath to keep
us together."
Touched by her words, Peter admits to a furious Carla that he didn't tell her
the truth but she admits to him: "I love you too... more than anything. I do
understand and I can't live without you so for now I'll make do with having you
when I can."
A Coronation Street insider revealed: "Things are about to hot up for Peter.
His turmoil will result in him being tempted to fall off the wagon and things
will come to an explosive head over the Christmas period."