[guide.chat] Back to normal....whatever normal is.

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:17:13 -0000

Hi, all.
Well, that's the Ne'er day stuff finished for me. I went to the annual ceilidh
(pronounced Kay-lee ) last night. We started at seven, and the bar shut at
eleven. I got home at about four!
No, it wasn't a drinking festival, just a folk music session that developed
into a general sing-along come poetry and storytelling time.
The police, as usual, quite rightly came in to check that there was nothing
untoward going on...then, since the sergeant was going off duty at midnight, he
asked his relief to meet him at the gathering, gave him his uniform, and joined
in with the rest of us!
Now it's back to "auld claes and parritch" (old clothes and porridge) as the
Scots saying goes.
I hope you all had a great festive season, and I wish each and every one of you
a peaceful, healthy New Year.
Jim
PTL! <><