[guide.chat] BE AWARE

  • From: "Lyn Morgan" <moondustgrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:45:15 +0100

Hi All

Quite recently, my neighbour who lives in the flat above mine had rather a
shock.  She was in the bath one night, when a man she didn't know, let himself
into her flat with a key.  Normally, she lives alone, but on this particular
occasion, her son was staying with her for a few days.  He challenged the man
who said he'd come to see a friend whom he thought was still living there.  My
neighbour's been living in the flat for about 18 months and in all that time,
somebody has had a key and could have let themselves in at any time.  At
present, she's waiting to go into hospital for a heart operation  so imagine
what the shock might have done to her if she'd been alone.

They didn't ring the police at  the time, which they should have done really.
However, they contacted the housing association and as a result, we've all had
new locks fitted.

So to anyone out there, who might be moving house in the near future, it would
be advisable to have all your locks changed in case a previous occupier has
still got a key.

Best wishes to you all.

Lyn