[guide.chat] A sad day for me yesterday

  • From: "John Keel" <j.keel1428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chat forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:27:58 -0000

Hi all,
Yesterday I did something I have been thinking about for some time. I sent my
dear old retired guide dog Winnie to a good home.  I did this because I am
getting so feeble in my old age that I can no longer look after her properly.
Winnie is a long coated German Shepherd and grooming is something that must be
done regularly and properly. The lady who has taken her is Jill, the dog walker
who has taken her out every afternoon for a run for the past 2 years. She has
another dog, Holly who is a Labrador cross Cocker Spaniel and both dogs get on
well together.
After more than 7 years partnership, parting with a friend is a hard thing to
do and as I write this, the tears are rolling down my face. But, I know she has
a very good home and I will get over it eventually.
Sorry to bore everyone with this, but I felt I had to tell someone.
Love John