[guide.chat] A Funny thing happened on the way home.

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:09:36 +0100

Hi All,

A funny thing happened on the way home from a weekend away at the R. N.  I. B.
hotel in Lllandudno. It was time to come home and a friend and myself arrived
at the railway station at 8. 30. a m.. to get the train home to Manchester.
When we arrived at the station we were half an hour early and the gates were
locked to the platform. It was a cold and " frosty morning and the porter came
and let us in and get on the train which was waiting to go  out at 9.  a.m.

"
You may as well sit on the train and keep warm, Its going out soon. Have you
seen the new electronic toilets yet. No we said. As I had some sight I let him
show me how it all worked and then I would show my friend who was totally
blind. When he had gone I took my friend to show her how it worked. Getting her
to feel the square panel on the outside of the toilet door I said press it and
the door will open. After she did that we went inside the toilet and I started
to show her what to do. She was one of these blind people who had to feel
around the hole thing. What's this Handel here and pulled it. It didn't flush.
No, I said. But you've turned the lights off. Its the emergency button. Come on
lets sit down and say nothing to anyone. Minutes later men were running up and
down the train trying to find out what had happened. I heard one of them say.
The lights are off and the brakes have jammed on. So we sat there saying
nothing. When we did finally get going the guard came to ask us where we were
going to. Then he said. Were running twenty five minutes late but the driver
will try and make it up.
Nothing happened then till we got near Manchester. The guard came to help us
get are things ready and the harnesses on the dogs so they could get away as
they were nearly on time. Suddenly my friend said. Where's my harness. On the
rack I said, where I told you to put it. The one that slopes downwards. I did
she said. The guard had a good look round and said. There's no harness here. By
this time the train had arrived into the station and had been there for about
ten minutes. You will have to get off because were back to being ten minutes
late again. On your way out call at the Lost property office and report the
missing harness.

We called at the office and reported it. I'm not leaving here till I get my
harness. said my friend. I can't work my dog without it. The man in the office
rang Llanddudno station and told them what had happened. Half an hour later we
got a call to say that they had found the harness by the side of the rail
track. When I told her to look for the rack and that it slopes away from you
she had in fact found the open window which also sloped away from you and
letting go of the harness it landed up on the track. We then had to wait for
the next train to arrive with the harness. What a good end to a weekend away.
Never a dull moment.

Malcolm from Hyde. Cheshire. England.
Skype name. malcolmbo1