[gtk-server] Re: demo-stdin.clisp created

  • From: Mark Carter <mcturra2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:14:33 +0000

Peter van Eerten wrote:

>Great, thanks! The first program works for me, but your second delivers an
>error:
>
>------------------
>peter@Starcrater:~/programming/gtk-server$ clisp demo-stdin2.clisp
>
>*** - EVAL: variable -- has no value
>------------------

Well, this is wierd. They should be the same program. I never actually
sent a file called

demo-stdin2.clisp.

What I did was to post the code in the body of the email, as well as send it as
a attachment. It appears that freelists appends the attachment as text. That's
why you're seeing the program twice.

Just to be sure everything goes OK, I'll send the program to turtle@xxxxxx as
an attachment. Use whichever one works; because they should all be identical.

BTW, I tried gtk-server over on XP, and was pleasently suprised at how
easy it was to get going.

I myself am a newbie at Lisp - it's a language that I'd thought I'd try
to learn.