[gtk-server] Re: config file

  • From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 02:09:49 +0100

Hi Jim,

Well, the configfile also contains GTK functions which might be defined
differently. For example:

GTK_LIB_FUNCTION = gtk_frame_new, NONE, WIDGET, 1, NULL

Instead of the 'NULL' at the end, you could also say 'STRING', so a text will
be displayed in the frame. However, for the interpreted programming stuff I
like to define a simple frame first, after which a text can be put into the
frame separately with "gtk_frame_set_label". I am not sure if this is possible
the other way around.

In other words: a few functions in the configfile are defined in a restricted
way. Just to let you know.

Furthermore I have successfully implemented your parser. I needed to strip it a
little, some modifications, but the core is there.

So I have uploaded a new release of the GTK-server. Since the change with your
parser will have effect on the current basic funcionality, I have increased the
releasenumber to 1.3. Here are the files:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=118216

I did not announce it on the GTK-server website yet, since I am busy changing
my demo programs. However, the downloadable packages contain adjusted scripts
and documentation, which should show how to use the new GTK-server.

So what took me so long? As usual, the MinGW port was extremely troublesome,
especially on the STDIN interface. Your parser worked well, but passing a
newline to STDIN and continue reading behind it, that was a real challenge.

Anyway, thanks for your good parser! I feel it has improved the GTK-server a
lot, since the (interpreted) client code is much nicer to read.

Regards

Peter

--
http://www.gtk-server.org