[gsis_admins] Re: SB 372 - unweighted GPAs for determining HOPE eligibility

  • From: Denise Epperson <denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:20:18 -0500

This is what I came up for the governance board meeting.  I had Bob Lahl
send me his file layout to make it easier.  Anything else?

Streamlining the connection between GSFC and DOE through SLDS, this will
depend on GSFC conversion process.

1.       If SB 372 (requiring local school systems to calculate and provide
a GPA for grades 09-11 for HOPE eligibility) passes, we will need to have
some link between the districts to GSFC that is secure.  Or this could be
accomplished through the parent portal of the SLDS system.  We don't
believe there is any school system that is equipped or wants to put their
necks out to post a HOPE calculated GPA without it coming from GSFC.

2.       GSFC is removing their third party software; therefore, the link
would be direct to GSFC.

3.       The DOE already collect the information that GSFC collects with
minimal additional field.

4.        We could maintain the users and permissions in one place instead
of multiple places.

5.       We have to report bridge information to the DOE in SR for CCRPI.

Denise Epperson

Administrative Technology

Griffin - Spalding County Schools

770-229-3710 x 315

*Fun Fact:  The average American online user spends 70 minutes a day
online.  Woohoo I'm above average!!!*

Disclaimer For Griffin Spalding County Schools "The information transmitted
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers."