[gsis_admins] Re: Fwd: 2016 Session Question/Suggestion

  • From: "Tarleton, Anna" <Anna.Tarleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 20:19:16 +0000

A group of IC districts scheduled a date at one of our districts shortly after
the conference to put what we learned to use. Better internet and smaller
class. We could always do a survey in December of the registered attendees and
see how many would attend.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Samantha Mimbs
<samantha.mimbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:samantha.mimbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: April 30, 2015 at 2:42:47 PM EDT
To: "Tarleton, Anna" <gsisusergroup@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gsisusergroup@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: 2016 Session Question/Suggestion

HI! I hope all is going well with you and yours.

As I work through my day, I began thinking about possible session ideas for the
GSIS conference. Has anyone considered have 2 hours hands-on sessions? While
attending the conference in February, I had several people mention that they
would really enjoy being able to carry the results of such a session home with
them.

A couple of hands-on ideas would be using Excel with pivot tables for beginners
and have Chris McSuperSQL share some code and help attendees with making it
work for them. Granted, the sessions would probably need to be a bit smaller.
But, there could be a couple of opportunities to attend each session????

I was just thinking about how much I would like to "borrow" ideas and come home
with a final product that would benefit in my daily responsibilities.

Thanks for "listening".
--

Samantha Mimbs ,Data Coordinator

Monroe County Schools Forsyth, GA

Office: (478)994-2031 Fax: (478)994-3364

Disclaimer For Henry County Schools "The information transmitted is intended