[gsis_admins] Re: Fwd: 2016 Session Question/Suggestion

  • From: Denise Epperson <denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:29:18 -0400

We’ve toyed with this before, but I think some of the issues we have
thought of that keeps it tabled are:

The internet is not always reliable for those connecting to their own
databases

Getting enough power available for everyone

Limited audience

We would need to offer it multiple times, so those who want the class can
get it; however, this will limit other classes from being offered

We would lose a section due to either setup or break down of the room, if
offered on Thursday

I don’t remember if we determined if there would be any additional cost for
providing

Just throwing it out in case someone can think of work arounds.

Denise Epperson

Administrative Technology

Griffin-Spalding County Schools

216 South Sixth Street

Griffin, GA 30224

770-229-3710 ext 315

Fax: 770-229-3708

Denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx

*From:* Samantha Mimbs <samantha.mimbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* April 30, 2015 at 2:42:47 PM EDT
*To:* "Tarleton, Anna" <gsisusergroup@xxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* *2016 Session Question/Suggestion*

HI! I hope all is going well with you and yours.

As I work through my day, I began thinking about possible session ideas for
the GSIS conference. Has anyone considered have 2 hours hands-on
sessions? While attending the conference in February, I had several people
mention that they would really enjoy being able to carry the results of
such a session home with them.

A couple of hands-on ideas would be using Excel with pivot tables for
beginners and have Chris McSuperSQL share some code and help attendees with
making it work for them. Granted, the sessions would probably need to be a
bit smaller. But, there could be a couple of opportunities to attend each
session????

I was just thinking about how much I would like to "borrow" ideas and come
home with a final product that would benefit in my daily responsibilities.

Thanks for "listening".

--

Samantha Mimbs ,Data Coordinator

Monroe County Schools Forsyth, GA

Office: (478)994-2031 Fax: (478)994-3364