[gsis_admins] Fwd: 2016 Session Question/Suggestion

  • From: GSIS <gsisusergroup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:09:16 -0400

Something to consider.

flora

Begin forwarded message:

From: Samantha Mimbs <samantha.mimbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: April 30, 2015 at 2:42:47 PM EDT
To: "Tarleton, Anna" <gsisusergroup@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2016 Session Question/Suggestion

HI! I hope all is going well with you and yours.

As I work through my day, I began thinking about possible session ideas for
the GSIS conference. Has anyone considered have 2 hours hands-on sessions?
While attending the conference in February, I had several people mention that
they would really enjoy being able to carry the results of such a session
home with them.

A couple of hands-on ideas would be using Excel with pivot tables for
beginners and have Chris McSuperSQL share some code and help attendees with
making it work for them. Granted, the sessions would probably need to be a
bit smaller. But, there could be a couple of opportunities to attend each
session????

I was just thinking about how much I would like to "borrow" ideas and come
home with a final product that would benefit in my daily responsibilities.

Thanks for "listening".
--
Samantha Mimbs ,Data Coordinator

Monroe County Schools Forsyth, GA

Office: (478)994-2031 Fax: (478)994-3364