[gsis_admins] Common Core & Scheduling Strands

  • From: "Deason, Noralee" <ndeason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:07:17 -0500

Priscilla,
Am I correct that Pearson is expecting anyone who attends any part of this
strand, to be there for the duration?  I'm just thinking we need to be clear
with folks that these are "all or nothing" strands.  Those that sign-up need to
be committed to staying in that strand for the duration of the conference,
right?  I can just see some of my people thinking "ooh, well, if I'm going to
be there anyway, I may excuse myself long enough to go over and hear the GSFC
presentation."  I think people may do that anyway, but our correspondence with
our attendees needs to be clear.

I'm also kind of excited that some of our curriculum leaders might be forced to
have breakfasts, lunch, and break times with our school level data folks.
Might open some eyes to get those groups in the same conference together, and
the luncheon speaker will help with bringing those worlds together.  Beginning
to get excited about this idea :)

Sincerely,

Noralee R. Deason

Information Systems Coordinator
Effingham County Schools, Central Registration Center

Corporate Sponsor Co-Chair, Georgia Student Information Systems (GSIS) Users
Group

405 North Ash Street
Springfield, GA  31329
Phone:  (912) 754-2507