[gsis_admins] Re: 2017 Conference Contract

  • From: Denise Epperson <denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:23:12 -0400

The pros and cons of it are:

Pros:

It may be cheaper for the conference center

If may be cheaper for the food

It would be cheaper for the hotels

Restaurants would be close by, along with shopping

Most people are already familiar with it

It would prove a point to the Savannah people

Cons:

It would be even colder than Savannah

Possible snow

Possible complaint that other conferences are held in Athens and will want
it somewhere else

How will that effect southern counties? Maybe look at how many southern
counties come now, along with how many northern counties come now.

A lot of people enjoy Savannah

We already have a good relationship with the Westin and the Conference
Center, will we lose it if we go somewhere else?

If we do the meeting there, they will think they are still in
consideration. We need to decide so we can figure out an alternative site
to have the meeting. Here are some restaurants that have a private room,
but we will need to go ahead and reserve it after we figure out which one,
if we don’t go with the Classic Center.

http://www.yellowpages.com/athens-ga/restaurants-with-private-room

Denise Epperson

Administrative Technology