[groupi] Re: GPS info (Urgent!)

  • From: Lorin Tauss <taussl01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <groupi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:18:52 +0800

Beau,

It does matter, since not all GPS units use the same settings for for
baud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits and handshake. Although the
NMEA 0183 standard is common, it is by no means the only standard
that GPS units use.

Since they have both differential (big, expensive "professional" type
units) and handheld ("consumer grade" units), it is possible that they
use more than one standard.

I will send them an email tonight, just to be sure.

Cheers,

Lorin

PS. I will upload my first attempt at serial comms in C# in a
minute..... getting there, but not finished yet! If i've done
anything thats a bit weird/not good in C# feel free to point it out!!
On Tue 25/08/09 21:28 , Beau  wrote:

Howdy .
 I was fairly sure that GPS was a kinda standard, eg it shouldn't
matter
 on the model.
 Cheers,
 Beau
 Lorin Tauss wrote:
 > Hi Beau and all,
 >
 > I've been looking at the serial comms issue, looking promising.
Just