[groupi] Archer Development Environment.

  • From: Beau <treppb01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: groupi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:51:13 +0800

Howdy.

What you will need is.

Visual Studio Proffesional 2008.iso
Windows Mobile 5.0 PocketPC SDK.msi
Compact Net Framework 2.0 (as a cab file).

Steps.

1) Install Visual Studio.
2) Install the WM5.0 SDK.
3) Start up an emulator (you can do this from the project in VS).
4) Go File->Configure, add a "Shared Card" to a folder where the cab is.
5) Use the device to open the "card" and run the cab, this will install Compact Net Framework 2.0 onto the image (why it's not on i don't know).
6) WAIT, years, it takes forever for the image to reboot.

7) now you can just put the compiled binarys where the device can see them "shared card", and run them on the emulator.

I've chosen the oldest .NET framework i could, 2.0. (Lorin you mentioned about starting using C#, hence why i've done this, so your code doesn't fall over).

I'll send Illya an email asking about it.

Cheers,
Beau