[GradeQuick] Re: grade quick 10 password

  • From: George Somers <gosomers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:17:37 -0700 (PDT)

Travis,

I was having some teacher's gradequick applications freeze up when they were
opening their gradebooks.  Tech support told me to make sure EVERYONE was off
the gradequick and repeat the upgrade.  That fixed the problem for all but one
teacher. The last teacher's was fixed when I deleted the associated .bak file
in their directory.  My feeling is that if these files were open at the time of
the upgrade, they may not be upgraded properly.  It's a theory anyway.

Good luck.

George Somers

travis <tftaylor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for you input. You raise some interesting items. I am aware of
the password setup function. The upgrade was installed, but I am not
sure everybody was off GQ when it was installed. We are a very big
district. The department I am in handles the software and training
after it has been installed, and our IT department handles installation
and network issues. What would be the problems if everyone was not off
GQ when the upgrade was installed?