[GradeQuick] Re: grade quick 10 password

  • From: travis <tftaylor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:39:59 -0500

George Somers wrote:

Travis,

When you say they can no longer get into the program,
what do you mean exactly?

Here's my two cents:
Check to make sure the link to Gradequick is to the
mapped network share where Gradequick lives on the
server.

Second, get the 10a upgrade if you haven't already
done so. Make sure you don't apply the upgrade unless
ALL teachers are out of the Gradebook file. I had to
put out a memo to this effect and then I STILL went
room to room to ensure that NOBODY was in Gradequick.

Also, we were having freezing issues when some teachers tried to open a gradebook. When we deleted the .bak file associated with the gradebook file, the freezing stopped.

As to the password issue, remember that when someone
is openning Gradequick 10 for the first time, they
have to leave the password field BLANK.  Then they are
prompted to create a new password. I don't know if
this is your problem, but it's something to keep in
mind.  I am not sure where the passwords are stored on
the server but I would imagine that teachers would
need full read/write access to the Gradequick
directory.

OK, so maybe it was more that 2 cents.  So sue me!  :)

Good luck!

George Somers

--- travis <tftaylor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

travis wrote:

Is there anyone who is having this problem with

GradeQuick 10. After

a teacher enters their password and set up their

gradebook, several

days later they can no longer get into the

program, and their password

has to be reset.

Can someone give me a technical advice ( folders and
such) of where to look for the problem, and any other tips on network
configuration to make GQ10 run smoothly?

Thanks for you input. You raise some interesting items. I am aware of the password setup function. The upgrade was installed, but I am not sure everybody was off GQ when it was installed. We are a very big district. The department I am in handles the software and training after it has been installed, and our IT department handles installation and network issues. What would be the problems if everyone was not off GQ when the upgrade was installed? ------------------------------------------------------------