[GradeQuick] Re: end of year average, 2% penalty

  • From: "Lawson, Glen" <Glen.Lawson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx '" <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:02:48 -0400

>The first one wondered if she could do an average for all students
>for all grades at the end of the year.  This school does not use an
>SDS or other interface, so each file for each class is separate.  She
>can do an average for each student for each class, but cannot seem to
>find a way to do them all at once.

Would a summary file work?  I have used it to look at students grades for
the year,  go to file, down to make summary file, then you choose the files
you want to go into the file.  If you choose files from the same class (but
they are new files for each quarter)  you can put them all together and you
will get an average grade of all the files.

I would make one summary file for each class.  You can do all the classes at
once, but it can get awkwardly large.

Glen Lawson
Davis Middle School
Flowery Branch, GA