[GradeQuick] Re: You CAN move students in GradeQuick register

  • From: "Caprara, Clem" <CAPRACLE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:33:07 -0500

My fault I was reading quickly

Clem Caprara
Registrar

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 12:50 PM
To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GradeQuick] Re: You CAN move students in GradeQuick register

With all due respect, I don't believe that's what Lisa wants to do,
Clem.=20
Your suggestion still results in ALL the students being in alphabetical=20
order. Lisa wants them in "NON-alphabetical" order.
There *IS* a way you can "trick" GQ into arranging students in any order

you choose. Here's how. Click on "View/Student info." In the "Data
fields=20
to show" window, choose a field which is currently not being used (for=20
example, "Nickname"). Click "OK." The Nickname field is now visible in
the=20
gradebook. Next, give each student a number in the order in which you
WANT=20
them to appear. Next (as you probably guessed by now), all you have to
do=20
is "sort" the students based on that column. (Clem's suggestion of using

the up and down arrows on the toolbar works great here. Just make sure=20
your cursor is in the Nickname column before you click on the sorting=20
arrow.)

Hope this helps.

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District
Web page: www.jerrytaylor.net
TASK page: www.greece.k12.ny.us/task/

There is an up or down arrow in a toolbar at the top of the grade book
that will re-alphabetize the students (version 8.0)

Clem Caprara
Registrar