[GradeQuick] Re: Opening files

  • From: "Mille, Thomas" <tmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:20:45 -0400

Richard:
I used GQ for 3 or 4 years and after learning SASI it was clear that there wouldn't
be a simple way for the two programs to communicate, especially for attendance.  I
did give it a shot... there just came a point where I had to move on to more
important things and chose to spend the money on something I knew would work.
There may be a way to export a comma delimited file containing grades and import it
into SASI, but there didn't seem to be a viable solution.  In my mind it's easier
to get the teachers to learn a new program that is designed to work with SASI
rather than instructing them to export a file, then instructing the attendance
office to import all the .csv files one at a time.  I spoke to several districts
about SASI and IG Pro... some hate SASI, some love it (I'm part of this group), but
most of their teachers like IG Pro once they learn to use it.  Below are a couple
links... the first one will show you exactly what IG Pro is like (setup & all).
 The other one is for ClassXP.  With SASI, you should use ClassXP for attendance.
ClassXP also gives you the ability to enter final MP grades and do interim reports.
 ClassXP is one of the easiest programs I have ever used and it only took me 5
minutes to train the teachers to use it.  I don't know how you're submitting grades
now, but you could use GQ for your gradebook and then enter the final MP grades and
Interim reports (and attendance) in ClassXP.  Note: neither of these programs works
well with Windows 98.

http://www.tcs.k12.nc.us/tech/integrade%20inst/default.htm
http://66.193.128.88/technology/help_desk/knowledgebase/sasi_attend_elem.pdf

Thomas Mille