[GradeQuick] Re: Opening files

  • From: Richard Emmel <remmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:05:08 -0500

Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Richard...

MY school district (Greece, NY) is using GQ and Edline (but NOT SASI). What help do you need?

Hey Jerry,

Our district just bought GQ. They are going to use it by loading the gradebooks on Edline. Teachers will open their gradebooks at Edline and there will be periodic updates to Edline. They are not going to try to connect GQ to SASI therefore we will not be able to send grades or attendance using GQ. We will still have to bubble. If you have been reading this thread, Thomas Mille wrote that he had given up on trying to get GQ and SASI to talk with each other. However, he said in another letter that he had not worked with Jackson and made that decision based on what the SASI people told him. The SASI people sold him their gradebook which does not sound teacher friendly or as good as GQ.

I take it your admin software has no problem working with GQ. Our district is going to load GQ on every computer and we will run it as a stand alone. I think it should be on a server and networked. I also think GQ can be made to work with SASI. I have asked on this list at least 5 times if anyone uses GQ with SASI and have gotten no response. I find it hard to believe that we are the only district in the world using the combination SASI, GQ and Edline.

With all of your connections, surely you know of a district using SASI, GQ and Edline.

Regards,

Richard