[GradeQuick] Re: Network permission's

  • From: "Thomason, Rob" <rthomason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:00:41 -0700

Here in Forest Grove, Oregon we have the same network structure and setup. The
"failsafe" for someone accidentally deleting their own or someone elses
gradebook(s) is the nightly system backup. At worst the most that might be lost
would be one day's data entry.

It would be useful if there WERE a method for protecting gradequick files
individually while still allowing a global password access for a network
administrator, an attendance secretary, etc. Security and privacy are big
issues, however there are times when corrections need to be made on a gradebook
and it's very incovenient (in a school of 100 staff) to have multiple passwords
for gradebooks.

Jackson Corp does have a "backdoor" password unlocking process, but that too
takes time in contacting them in the event of a forgotten password or other
"lack of access" situation.

Just thoughts.

Robert Thomason
Forest Grove School District