[GradeQuick] Re: Network permission's

  • From: Don.Menges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:54:29 -0400

Edith.... I have all of our teacher folders created in the same directory
using Site Manager. This is easiest for management, however all teachers
have the "rights" to see each others files ... UNLESS they password protect
them in GradeQuick - which is what we do. The only thing someone else can
do to you is actually DELETE the file. No one has done that in the past 4
years.

Don Menges
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece Central School District
585.621.1000 x2382

                      "Edith Heilmann"

                      <eheilmann@xxxxxxxx>        To:
<gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                    cc:

                      gradequick-bounce@fr        Subject:  [GradeQuick]
Network permissions
                      eelists.org

                      09/11/2004 11:41 PM

                      Please respond to

                      gradequick

I am putting GradeQuick (with Site Manager and Site Reporter) on a network
for the first time. I have the programs installed and have created accounts
for each teacher. How do I set permissions on each account so that a
teacher
can only change his/her own files? Is it within GradeQuick or is it just on
the network? I know very little about networks and would need pretty
specific instructions.
Edith Heilmann
Cincinnati; Oh