[GradeQuick] Re: Gradequick 10a in a wireless environment

  • From: travis <tftaylor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:37:47 -0500

Lawson, Glen wrote:

-----Original Message-----
Travis wrote:

Subject: [GradeQuick] Gradequick 10a in a wireless environment

Has anyone had problems with Grade Quick in a wireless environment, corrupting files and such? If so, what was your remedy?
Sounds like a wireless problem more than a gradequick one. I know files
will get corrupted if something goes hinky with our regular network.
You can usually rescue most of your information from the *.bak file if
you save your work somewhat regularly.

Have teachers tried checking files out to their wireless computer (I'm
guessing laptop)? They work on them throughout the day then check them
back in at the end of the day and not worry about dips in signal or
bandwidth since the check-in/check-out process happens pretty quickly.

Glen Lawson
Science Teacher
Chestatee Middle School
Gainesville, GA

Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the bandwidth is the problem. In the school in question, the teachers were in not in the main building, we just have the teachers to come into the building and do their grades. It had become such a serious problem that we were restoring files 3 times a day. I personally think that one of the settings on the router is not right which would adjust the packet size the computers receive.
Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx