[GradeQuick] GQ--Ready to tear our hair out!

  • From: "Bonnie Littleton" <bonnie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:41:55 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings!

I am new to the list as of today, and unfortunately I am writing to vent,
and see if anyone else has had this problem!

We've been using GradeQuick for a few years.  Last year we added Edline to
the school and it was fairly well received by parents and teachers.  This
year our sysadmin and assistant principal viewed GradeQuick Web and bought
it in July.  We anticipated using the product during teacher training the
second week of August when we had inservice days.  No such luck.

We have been getting a runaround like you cannot believe!  We have yet to
get activation instructions for GQ Web.  We were promised in July that the
software would be ready for use for this 06-07 schoo year.  We've been
told a variety of stories--the software isn't ready, it will be ready in 3
days, it won't be ready until OCTOBER, etc.  Our Jackson Software tech
support liason, Andrew, has NEVER returned a voice mail message.  Someone
named Ann takes his calls and says he will call us right back (he never
does!), is unavailable, taking a day off, out of the office, on vacation,
etc.  Yes, we have received each of these excuses since we started calling
Jackson Software on August 12th.  We call daily.  Now Andrew's voice mail
says he is on vacation until this coming Tuesday, Sept. 5th.

We are at our wit's end.  I am the tech resource person at our school and
we have NEVER had a company treat us this way.  We've paid big bucks for
this NEW wonderful program touted on their website and on their main phone
line, and yet it seems to be "vaporware!"  Does anyone have anything they
can tell me about the product?  Has anyone seen it?!  Does it truly exist?
 Our school is in Chicago, and we wonder if Jackson Software is taking
money hand over fist from schools and NOT delivering their product?!

Does anyone have a phone number for the COMPANY PRESIDENT?!  Every time we
ask for someone in authority, good ole ANN tells us there is no one
available to speak with us!

Thanks for listening.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bonnie Littleton
Marist High School
Chicago, IL

   Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx