[GradeQuick] Re: Attendance and Dropped Students

  • From: "Mille, Thomas" <tmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:30:51 -0400

I can't remember if I spoke with GQ support about SASI, I'm sure I sent
them an email or something... I know the SASI people were convinced that
there wasn't a way to get GQ to work with it, but then again they wanted
us to purchase InteGrade Pro.  I'd have to look at my records, but I'm
pretty sure IG Pro cost a couple thousand... we figured it was worth the
money to have something that would work properly.

You may want to contact GQ and threaten to purchase IG Pro if they can't
provide you with a utility for transferring grades.

It's been a mixed bag so far... the teachers that were using GQ for the
last 3 or 4 years hate IG Pro, but some of our new teachers that have
used IG Pro in the past love the program... it all depends on what
they're more familiar with I guess... the two programs are very
different, in my opinion.  In particular the teachers that use a
weighting scale have found IG Pro difficult to learn, the ones that just
use points are adjusting to it well.  Also, installing IG Pro on the
client machines is a bit more difficult.

-tom