[GradeQuick] Re: Attendance and Dropped Students

  • From: "Mille, Thomas" <tmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:23:15 -0400

Richard:
SASI isn't designed to work with GradeQuick.  Basically if you have SASI you're
supposed to use ClassXP for attendance and InteGrade Pro for your gradebook...
they're all products from Pearson Digital.  SASI's a great admin program, but
it doesn't play nice with other companies and as far as I know it's impossible
to get SASI and GQ to work together.  It's even a hassle to get SASI to work
with SNAP, our nursing program, which isn't even a competitor of Pearson.
There is a way to export rosters from SASI to GQ, but that's about it... you
won't be able to send anything from GQ to SASI-- no grades, no attendance.  We
bought SASI last year to replace Administrator's Plus, from Rediker Software.
I spent a few months trying to get GQ and SASI to work... I finally gave up and
this year I forced my teachers to use Integrade Pro.  I've never used Edline
and don't know much about it, but I can pretty much guarantee it won't work
with SASI since it isn't a Pearson Digital product.

Thomas Mille
Network Manager
Rumson Board of Education
60 Forrest Ave.