[GradeQuick] Re: Attendance and Dropped Students

  • From: Don.Menges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:50:30 -0400

Actually, if you use the method I suggested, you can keep dropped students
in your grade books and they will not show in attendance, reports, or have
grades sent.. Some people like to do that - in case they return - or just
to have the data - A hard copy is not necessary and it sometimes gets
misplaced.
Don Menges
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece Central School District
585.621.1000 x2382

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Lawson, Glen"      |
|         |           <Glen.Lawson@hallco.|
|         |           org>                |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           gradequick-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           09/16/2005 02:31 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           gradequick          |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

  |       To:       <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [GradeQuick] Re: Attendance and Dropped Students

The dropped student should be deleted from the teacher's gradebook.  If
there is a reason you want to keep the information on the students who
have been dropped (such as the tend to migrate back and forth) you
should print out a hard copy of their grades so they could be reentered
if necessary.

I have found that entering the final average for a returning student
gives the same grade, just not the grade on each assignment.

In V. 9  so long as they stay in the gradebook they stay on the
attendance roster.

Glen Lawson
Science Teacher
Chestatee Middle School
Gainesville, GA

Subject: [GradeQuick] Attendance and Dropped Students

My question concerns version 9.  When our SIS drops a student the
student appears in GQ class files marked as "Dr".  How can I keep the
dropped student from appearing in the Attendance window to prevent a
teacher from marking attendance on a dropped student?  Is there a way to
hide dropped students in the attendance window?