[gptalk] Re: workstations not upating Group Policy

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:13:23 -0700

Sounds like you might have a corrupt local secedit.sdb file. This happens
every once in a while and would explain that particular security CSE error.
I was trying to find the correct KB article but this one should work for
walking you through fixing this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894351/en-us

Darren

****

Darren Mar-Elia

CTO & Founder

SDM Software, Inc.

www.sdmsoftware.com

Finally, script Group Policy Settings with the NEW GPexpertT Scripting
Toolkit For PowerShell at http://www.sdmsoftware.com/products2.php!

Date:  9/27/2007
Time:  10:30:03 AM
User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: my computer
The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute. Please
look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

Error 2.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1090
Date:  9/27/2007
Time:  10:30:01 AM
User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: my computer

Windows couldn't log the RSoP (Resultant Set of Policies) session status. An
attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP logging will be done for this
application of policy.