[gptalk] Re: security certificate question

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:33:31 +0000

publish the cert with certutil to your AD CA (if you have one)and your users
won't have that problem anymore :)

Subject: [gptalk] security certificate questionDate: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:41:25
+0000From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI,

been locking down a user GPO to basically tie everything down and allow IE to
be used for a web application.

When the user goes to the web site they are asked to always trus a certificate.

Can I do this via the User --> security settings -->Public Key Policies
-->Enterprise Trust and then import the cert.

Does this need to be done on the DC or were is the cert held. Also would I need
to get the sert from the company running the web site.

Or is there an easier way to do this in some GPO setting.

thanks
Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton CCNA
Lufthansa Airmotive Ireland
Naas Road
Tel : 01 4011253
LTAI

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
you have received this email in error, please advise by return email and delete
all copies of the message.