[gptalk] restrict internet access for several users

  • From: "Dave Clapham" <daveclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:03:17 -0500

I need to restrict internet access for 7 users on our school network.
They still need access to the file server but only to disable the
internet.  Our users will login to several different computers through
out the day so I am not able to lock a certain computer down.  We are
running Active Directory on Windows Server 2003 with XP Pro SP2 on the
workstations.

I have been through the User Configuration and can only find a policy
that will remove the IE icon from the desktop and quick launch.  This
might work if I could find a way to disable the IE on the Start Menu as
well but am open to other ways also.

Thanks

Dave Clapham

Pawnee Heights School